vertiginous possibilities of aberrational references

In other words, we don't know anything!

Name:
Location: Boone, North Carolina, United States

I am a husband and father of three. My wife is the very best part of me though I’m very poor at demonstrating that to her. My children are 13, 11, and 7, boy, girl, and boy. They delight me, thrill me, frustrate me and I love them. We live with Sadie, our adopted 8 year old German Shepherd mix. She is the greatest dog in the world, and exactly what we needed. I graduated with a non-teaching degree in English and minor in Ancient Hebrew. Very useful. I’ve been a baker, an appraiser, an editor, a construction worker. I dabble with computers and woodworking and the smell of warming dirt in the spring makes me itch to till the garden. I would devote my entire garden space to peppers (Anaheim’s!) and basil. Understanding the big picture is my fondest desire, and trying to impart that to my children and friends is my hope.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Entropy

Yesterday was a bear. I spent the day under my house fixing a broken water pipe. I won't go into great detail, except to say that my crawlspace is narrow and littered with the detritus of 70 years of habitation. It's not a place to go if you don't like close spaces. Fortunately I can handle it. It's the initial step that is usually the worst. You look into the hole, see all the spider webs, imagine the snakes that you know are there (because you put them there - you don't kill black snakes, black snakes are your friend!) and you know what being in that contorted position is going to make you feel like the next day, and besides, you hate plumbing! Yep, taking the first step is always the hardest, but after that it's ok. Once you've started you have to finish the job. And I did. But I noticed many other issues that have to be dealt with now. In the back of my mind I knew about most, but now I can't ignore them. Life's funny that way; thing don't fix themselves when you ignore them. Entropy prevails and things fall apart. It happens in relationships as well.
How well do we really let ourselves know each other?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home